Home Forums News and Announcements New site is up and running…

Like the new site? Let us know...

Our new site is now up and running. Let us know what you think.

You must be logged in to participate.
  • Happy with the new site
  • Not happy with the new site
  • Somewhat happy with the new site

Tagged: 

This topic contains 13 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  John (Unknown) 10 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

Nathan Davis
    Keymaster

Our new site is now up and running and additional content is being added. If you experience any issues with the site (including our automatic login for old BETA members) – please add your issue below…

Jerome Moncada

A new-new site. Hard to say how I feel about it yet, but it seems more easy to use though.
    A bit tough to start over again, but I guess it was necessary somehow, so let’s welcome the changes and let’s flood the wall with pictures of rare labels and records, music and articles !

Nathan Davis
    Keymaster

Hey Jerome, we’ve decided on this platform for the new site as its way more stable and it has a simpler format – and is much easier to navigate and less complicated than the older, BETA site.
    As members migrate over, more activity should be present…

David Walton
    Participant

I’m very impressed with the new site Nathan! It’s easier to navigate than the old BETA site and it looks much more polished.

Excellent articles to…

Jerome Moncada

The login is way easier than before and that’s appreciable.
    Amazing new contents !

Bruce Foxman
    Participant

Just joined this great group via the new site. Logins on the new site work fine, but I cannot download the record cataloger program – it’s on the beta site and asks for a login, and reports that no user exists with m email credentials. I cannot try to join via the beta site, as an ‘invite code’ is needed. Please advise how I should proceed. Many thanks!

John (Unknown)
    Participant

I’m having the same problem as Bruce. I just joined via the new site, but going round in circles trying to get access to the cataloger. seems cataloger is in the beta site, but won’t recognise me as a member. I’d like to use the online version if I could find it..

John (Unknown)
    Participant

I thought it might be a cookie problem. so I closed down the browser, and restarted it. When I go to “add a record” I get
    “You do not have permission to view this form. ”
    ie my login isn’t being recognised
    The “Howdy, johnfromoz” at the top right diappears as soon as I go to the beta site

John (Unknown)
    Participant

OK, just tried it from my iPad, and got the same result.
    ie its not a cookie, browser or OS issue.

Nathan Davis
    Keymaster

Access to both sites is only possible if you were originally a user of the /BETA/ site (as is outlined on our site here…) – not visa versa…
    We have added the files you want on this site and they are in groups – but as it is a closed group, I will need to ‘friend’ you first and then invite you to the closed group.

John (Unknown)
    Participant

Wow. Are you going to have to do that for all new members who want to use the online catalogue?? Thanks

Nathan Davis
    Keymaster

Hi John,
    I assumed you wanted the cataloging software, not access to the online version.
    If you wanted the online version – all you need to do was create an account on that website: https://www.78rpmcommunity.com/beta/78rpmcataloger

John (Unknown)
    Participant

Same problem as Bruce- it insists on an invite code, and/or re-directs to ../disney.com

John (Unknown)
    Participant

Tried again and managed to find a “create account” link on the beta site that didn’t ask for an invite code:

Register

Thanks
    Now its “howdy” on both sites..

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.