Forum » General » Support Forum - Software » Software Download?

Share this Topic

Software Download?

• Hi Nathan,

I've recently joined the 78RPM Community and see that you had/have a unique software for cataloging our 78s?  I followed what appears to be a valid link to the software download today but don't see the software .exe to download.  Have you recently removed the link?  I'm hoping to use your tool to catalog several hundred older Victor and Columbia 78s that I've recently inherited.

Thanks!

Mike

January 14, 2015 10:33 AM PST
  • Hi Mike,

We are currently underway with testing by asking for BETA testers for the Windows Version.

Would you like to be a BETA tester for us?

We only have two conditions. a) You test it for us and must complete a a short, online survey on your experience using it and b) you not share the beta version with anyone.

Let me know via the messages link above.

January 14, 2015 4:52 PM PST
  • Hi Nathan,

I don't see a "messages link" ?

edit:  I see it now!

Thanks

This post was edited by M Chadwell at January 14, 2015 5:13 PM PST
      January 14, 2015 5:11 PM PST
  • I forgot to mention that you need to "friend" me before you can message me.

January 14, 2015 5:20 PM PST
  • Hi Nathan

I would like to take part in the Beta test.

John Rogers

johnhrogers@optusnet.com.au

January 14, 2015 7:12 PM PST
  • Nathan, not sure if you saw my message, but I'd like to be a beta tester if that's still happening. Thanks!

February 13, 2015 11:01 AM PST
  • Hi Nathan, 

I've just recently joined the community and am interested in testing the cataloging software.  I'm on a mac but interested in trying out both versions. I would install the windows version in virtualbox.  Can the database creatd on windows version be imported into the mac version?

Thanks,

Peter 

March 6, 2015 4:50 PM PST
  • Hi Nathan,

Having recently become more involved with my collection of 78's I am keen to act as a Beta tester for your cataloging software. I have some 500-600 78's that I would like to input, and a couple of dozen cylinders. I have a Windows 7 based system.

I am happy to comply with your two conditions...

a) You test it for us and must complete a a short, online survey on your experience using it and b) you not share the beta version with anyone.

I look forward to hearing from you.

My regards,

Kevin

March 17, 2015 12:43 PM PDT
  • Hi, Nathan, I keep wondering if I'm reaching you or posting in the right place. I would still welcome a chance to beta test your software. In spite of my difficulty in signing up, I'm

a fairly sophiisticarted computer user and have written applications in FoxPro, as well. I do look forward to hearing from you. Paul Garon

March 21, 2015 6:51 AM PDT
  • [blockquote]Kevin Burrows said:

Hi Nathan,

Having recently become more involved with my collection of 78's I am keen to act as a Beta tester for your cataloging software. I have some 500-600 78's that I would like to input, and a couple of dozen cylinders. I have a Windows 7 based system.

I am happy to comply with your two conditions...

a) You test it for us and must complete a a short, online survey on your experience using it and b) you not share the beta version with anyone.

I look forward to hearing from you.

My regards,

Kevin

[/blockquote]

Hi Kevin,

I have been unwell. Hence the lack of reply. I have P.M. you with a link to the BETA software.

Cheers, Nathan

March 21, 2015 7:35 PM PDT
  • Nathan - I spent a couple days searching the web for record collecting software that could better serve my needs than iTunes. I am researching and writing about early 20s and pre-20s saxophone; have amassed a pretty big collection with tons of comments and odd data -- none of which iTunes is particluarly great at organizing, and which gets tweaked and messed with (or lost!) every time I "update." Of all the stuff I saw out there, your program seemed to really to fit my needs. That being said, finding the download was a task in itself! I think I have finally come to the right place, and understand (its BETA and not as available as some pages made it sound). Could you use another tester? I'd be happy to plug in my data & see how it functions for my circumstances. And I understand the conditions.

thanks -- Doug 

March 26, 2015 9:20 AM PDT
  • [blockquote]Bal Tabarin said:

Nathan - I spent a couple days searching the web for record collecting software that could better serve my needs than iTunes. I am researching and writing about early 20s and pre-20s saxophone; have amassed a pretty big collection with tons of comments and odd data -- none of which iTunes is particluarly great at organizing, and which gets tweaked and messed with (or lost!) every time I "update." Of all the stuff I saw out there, your program seemed to really to fit my needs. That being said, finding the download was a task in itself! I think I have finally come to the right place, and understand (its BETA and not as available as some pages made it sound). Could you use another tester? I'd be happy to plug in my data & see how it functions for my circumstances. And I understand the conditions.

thanks -- Doug 

[/blockquote]

Hi Doug, If you can hold off a few more days, we'll have an upgraded version of our software which we'll make available.

March 28, 2015 1:58 AM PDT
  • Nathan -- can do. Thanks -- Doug

March 30, 2015 4:39 PM PDT
  • Hello Nathan,

I've joined this community as I deal with 78's since over 30 years but I also collect (mostly tango) records.

As you should guess I have a huge quantity of records which I need to list and order. Would you be able to let me beta-test your software?

I completely understand and agree with the conditions you establish.

Thank you in advance!

Omar Facelli (Montevideo, Uruguay)

March 31, 2015 9:31 AM PDT
  • Nathan -- just to let you know (though this is more my problem than anything else) my Norton 360 deletes the Bete 2.0 exe file before I can open it. This seems to be due to some weird protocol where files that don't have much history (and therefore can't be declared "good" yet) are deemed to have a "bad" reputaion. The warning, or classification is "WS.reputation.1" --- I imagine I can find a way around this. Just wanted to let you know. 

April 27, 2015 10:53 AM PDT

Nathan -- just to let you know (though this is more my problem than anything else) my Norton 360 deletes the Bete 2.0 exe file before I can open it. This seems to be due to some weird protocol where files that don't have much history (and therefore can't be declared "good" yet) are deemed to have a "bad" reputaion. The warning, or classification is "WS.reputation.1" --- I imagine I can find a way around this. Just wanted to let you know. 

[/blockquote]

Hi Bal,

One other member has experienced this problem with anti-virus software as well.

I can assure you our software is virus free (especially if downloaded from our site). We guarentee it.

A work around to this is to deactivate your anti virus and then install our software or perhaps try to change the permissions on the .exe file by right clicking on the file and modifying the strength of permissions or "trust" options.

Hope you enjoy using our cataloger. We are very proud of it. (Let us know of your experience with it when you get it up and running)...

Cheers, Nath

April 27, 2015 4:34 PM PDT
  • If there's one thing I hate more than anything after 40+ years of programming its anti-virus suites. They cause so many problems, prey on people's fears, and cripple many systems to such a great extent that they perform like systems of 5 years ago. The laptop that I'm writing on was supplied new with Macafee pre-installed. It constantly dropped connection with the internet, so downloading was almost impossible. At first I blamed the machine, a Sony VAIO with an i5 processor, but after spending a week trying all other technical solutions, I removed Macafee and the laptop then performed faultlessly and about five times as fast as before. I've come across at least 30 systems that have needed similar treatment over the past 15-20 years.

I guarentee that there isn't a single line of code in this program that delves into your personal history, bank details, browsing preferences, download files, etc or reports back to a website somewhere. It only does what you tell it to, and nothing more. I wish I could say the same for anti-virus suites !

April 28, 2015 5:54 PM PDT
  • Nathan - Success! I disabled Norton's anti-virus for a few minutes which allowed me to install. There was still a "warning", but Norton gave me the option to "Keep" or "Discard" the file. (That may be what happened the first time. Perhaps I didn't see the "Options" box when it popped up.) Bottom line, for Norton users with problems installing, "Disable" does the trick.

Now --- one last question to bug you with ( I hope): Some sort of formating - or something - makes some rows and words overlap or scrunch up in the program. Is there something I need to do? (I'm running Win 7 64 bit) 

(Sorry, was unable to upload a screen shot - I could e-mail one if tyou want.) 

May 4, 2015 8:24 AM PDT

Nathan - Success! I disabled Norton's anti-virus for a few minutes which allowed me to install. There was still a "warning", but Norton gave me the option to "Keep" or "Discard" the file. (That may be what happened the first time. Perhaps I didn't see the "Options" box when it popped up.) Bottom line, for Norton users with problems installing, "Disable" does the trick.

Now --- one last question to bug you with ( I hope): Some sort of formating - or something - makes some rows and words overlap or scrunch up in the program. Is there something I need to do? (I'm running Win 7 64 bit) 

(Sorry, was unable to upload a screen shot - I could e-mail one if tyou want.) 

[/blockquote]

Good to hear installation has gone well, Bal.

Is the formatting issue similar to the screenshot below?

If so, the 'formatting' issue can be solved by enlarging the program's window. Grab the bottom, right hand corner of the window and drag right angle downwards so it enlarges the window to maximum size.

Let us know if the problem is not this...

May 4, 2015 6:43 PM PDT
  • Nathan --- sorry for the long delay. Been swamped. Actually, no. Enlarging the window doesn't work, unfortunately. The window gets bigger, but the all the items remain as they are.

June 4, 2015 8:03 AM PDT